As you all know, the Met Gala is often called the fashion’s Oscars. I like how this event is stress free and casual, considering to the awards that take place between January and Febraury; it’s nice to see the celebs take a break and make a come back if they hadn’t done a good job earlier. Lets take a look at what the models, celebrities, and the designers themselves dressed in. Prada and Givenchy took over the hottest celebs. I don’t usually much Prada on the red carpet, but this event, i see and i like!
1. Anja Rubik (model) in Anthony Vaccarello: If she weren’t a model, there’s noway anyone can pull off that high slit.
2. Ashley Greene in Donna Karan: Simple and to the point
3. Claire Danes in J.Mendel: I love how this dress is a wrap-sorta-thing. The blue clutch to go with is cool and non-traditional.
1. Emma Roberts in Escada: That thing black waist belt is the perfect finish to a little peplum.
2. January Jones in Versace: Perfection!
3. Solange Knowles in Rachel Roy: Beautiful color and cut, the peplum is more than enough detail for this dress.
4. Coco Rocha (model) in Givenchy: This is actually a jumpsuit with a matching jacket. I like the outfit, I just don’t think its appropriate for a the MetGala. A model should attend is a gown that only a model can wear. However, i love the hair, always been a fan of pink tips!
1. Kristen Bell in tommy Hilfiger: this color suits her a lot
2. Ginniger Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier: pretty!
3. Eva Mendes in Prada: Not so great, i don’t really like the black and white beading.
4. Katherine McPhee in Elie Saab: Glamorous as always, i just feel the hair is a little off.
5. Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte: She aged 50years just by wearing that suit gown. I actually ike the outfit, but definitely not on her or anyone within her age range.
THE FULLY SEQUINED:
1. Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney: nice!
2. Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe: The human oscar arrives! LOVE the dress, LOVE the turban!
3. Carey Mulligan in Prada: Nothing special.
4. Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren Collection: Absolutely gorgeous! The hair and dark lips work perfectly with that gown.
1. Scarlet Johansson in Dolce and Gabbana: Hate it; i would have never guessed its Dolce.
2. Leighton Meester in Marchesa: Hate it too; she’s much prettier than that. I hate this color on dresses.
3. Jessica Alba in Michael Kors: Nothing special but she looks good.
4.Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan: Somehow, I really like this dress.
1. Amy Poehler in Fotini: Leather, feather, and peplum; it’s kinda cool but I think i would’ve liked to see it on someone taller.
2. Gisele Bundchen in Givenchy: Flawless
3. Kate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen: I accept it only because it’s McQueen.
4. Liv Tyler in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci: It’s a pretty dress but it doesn’t look so flattering on her.
1. Rosario Dawson in Calvin Klein: i like that its a leather gown, leather is in for the summer!
2. Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture by Ricardo Tisci: And she’s back to black but looking fabulous. i love the hot shorts underneath the sheer lace.
3. Rihanna in Tom Ford: Her new skinny silhouette looks great in a lean dress like this. If you hadn’t noticed, she’s back to normal black hair, and i spotted a really ugly tattoo on her neck.
4. Renee Zellweger in Emilio Pucci: Acceptable
5. Linda Evangelista in Prada: Hello sexy! Well done!
1. Ivanka Trump in Peter Pilotto: A navy, velvet gown is definitely elegant even with the cutouts on top.
2. Heidi Klum in Escada: Expected something nicer from her, but this is okay.
3. Bee Shaffer in Erdem: I LOVE how she chose a printed Erdem gown rather than a typical high-end one. Respect!
4. Lea Michele in Diane Von Furstenberg: Nothing special but she looks super skinny!
5. Leslie Bibb in Zac Posen: I think this is the first garment by Zac Posen that I like; i really do!
THE SHORT ONES:
1. Gweneth Paltrow in Prada: Very pretty but is it a little too revealing? Her boobs on the side show a bit, but nonetheless, it fits her perfectly.
2. Emma Stone in Lanvin: Cutie pie; she always looks good in red tones. The hair looks great, too!
3. Stella Tennant in Chanel: I remember seeing this dress in the Chanel F/W’12 runway show and i love the work on the bust. I think she shouldn’t have worn black tights with this dress. Her overall look looks too conservative and dark.
THE LONG SLEEVED:
1. Mary-Kate Olsen in The Row (a dress from her own label): Complete disaster! She looks like a mashup of a Viktor & Rolf model from the F/W’11 collection and a nun.
2. Lily Collins in Valentino Haute Couture: I think I like this on her considering her role in Mirror, Mirror. She has that innocent, Disney face.
3. Sarah Jessica Parker in Valentino: Call me crazy, but i love this. I think she’s the only girl who can pull off a long-sleeved floral gown with matching pumps.
4. Joan Smalls in Balmain: I always wondered who would buy these dresses and where they’d wear them to; looks like i got my answer!
THE BEST DRESSED:
Say hello to two of my favorite gals dressed gorgeously. Even though Gweneth Paltro did it first and better, Lana Del Rey rocks this black cape by Altuzarra. Simple, neat and to the point. Jessica Stam (model), now in black hair is dressed in a breath-taking Dior gown. I particularly love the color of this gown which reflects Jessica’s eyes. It’s just all perfect for me. This is definitely a dress i’d personally wish to wear.
THE WORST DRESSED:
Trying to rock a cape like Lana and Gweneth? Bianca Brandolini D’adda in Dolce and Gabbana, does it disastrously. She literally looks like a shining armor. Beyonce, you just gave birth, how about you DON’T wear something so tight and looks like is going to explode. This Givenchy dress is not the prettiest thing, but it looks 10 times worse on her. But i’ll give you this, I do like the hair.
1. Elizabeth Banks in Mary Kataratzou: too much
2. Shailene Woodley in Christopher Kane: Naaa!
3. Milla Jovovich in Prada: Ugly
4. chloe Sevigny in Miu Miu: NO!
1. Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga: Horrible: She doesn’t look dressed up AT ALL. how about you run a brush through your hair, too.
2. Alicia Keys in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci: I LOVE this harem-pant-suit but its not to be worn to the Met Gala. This is the kind of outfit Alicia should’ve worn to the Grammy’s.
3. Christina Ricci in Thakoon: I like how she supported the young and upcoming designer but there is a whole lot of chaos going on in the back of that dress. With a little alterations, it would look fabulous.
4. Kate Bosworth in Prada: i like the dark look Kate went for but is she a little under dressed for the Gala? With Alicia keys in harem trousers and Kristen Stewart looking like that, Kate Bosworth looks great.
1. Amber Valetta in Prada: i love the simplicity. Her beauty is enough detailing for that look
2. Sofia Vergara in Marchesa: Flawless as usual
3. Jessica Beil in Prada: I like the bangs but i hate the length of the dress. She’s looking a bit like Liv Tyler, no?
4. Florence Welche in Alexander McQueen: She really is the only one who can wear exaggerated volumes by McQueen and not look like a clown. Respect!
THE DESIGNERS THEMSELVES:
1. Meet Donna Karan herself looking like an angel with that feathery scarf in her hand.
2. Tory Burch matched green earrings with a red and white gown. Nice!
3. Vera Wang looks anorexic; didn’t really notice the dress.
4. Rachel Zoe looks wow in a white fringed, off-the-shoulder gown.